Monday 26 July 2010

hi i'm unemployed


Now that the AIDS 2010 conference has come to a close I am left with a reignited passion for scientific research, new friends, and an infinite supply of condoms and other 'goodies'. Looking back on my experience I realised how much I learned from it. After 3 years of studying a science degree, my love as well as faith for scientific research has dwindled, but hearing the advancements researchers have made in the search for an AIDS cure has not just restored my love affair for scientific research, but upped up the ante. I won't bore you with the intimate details but read research papers on microbicides if you're interested, in particular the ones published by Dr. Fauci.

Not only did the conference appear to benefit me mentally as well as socially, but in a more basic sense, it gave me something to do and because it was for a good cause I felt pretty damn smug about it. Now mourning the loss of the smugness, condom parties and speeches about the developments on the microbicides front I have to come to terms with my newfound unemployment. Slowly sinking into a pit of eternal boredom where time seems to stand still, I have decided to take action and occupy my time with productive activities, such as blogging, drinking beer and watching the Godfather. I know these activities may not be actively helping society, but hey at least they're doing no one no harm. After all, one has to take things one step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment